SPS Health Requirements
School Physical Examinations
The Diocese of Trenton and the State of New Jersey requires that the following students have a physical examination and that the physical examination form be submitted to the nurse by September 1:
- 3rd graders
- 6th graders
- New students transferring to St. Paul School at any grade
Athletics Physical Examinations
Students participating in all of the SPS Athletics programs are required to submit a physical examination form clearing them for participation.
- 1st-5th grade: Physical Examination form [PDF]
- 6th-8th grade: Preparticipation Physical Evaluation [PDF]
- All new students Pre-K through 8th grade must submit his/her vaccination record to the school nurse by September 1.
- All students Pre-K, Kindergarten and 6th grade must meet all State mandated vaccination requirements and submit proof of same to nurse.
The following immunizations are required by the State of New Jersey's Department of Health for entrance into public, parochial and private schools:
Asthma & Food Allergies
- All students Pre-K through 8th grade who have asthma must submit their Asthma Treatment Plan to the school nurse by September 1. Medications may be brought to the nurse on the first day of school.
- All students Pre-K through 8th grade who have food allergies must submit their Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan to the school nurse by September 1. Medications may be brought to the nurse on the first day of school.
The following screenings are done annually by the school nurse:
- Height and weight, vision and blood pressure for all grades
- Hearing for K-4, 6th and 8th grades
- Scoliosis for 5th and 7th grades (a permission slip will be sent home to be signed by parent/guardian in the spring)
Parents/guardians will be notified of any findings that are outside normal limits and will be advised to seek further evaluation.