SPS Room Parents
What is a Room Parent?
Room parents work with their class’ teacher and coordinate school efforts with parents in their respective classes, keeping them informed of events happening within the class, grade and school. Room parents make a difference by providing a rewarding and fun year for the children. Two room parents are needed for every class at SPS so grab a friend and become a room parent today!
Room Parent Responsibilities
Room Parents help to coordinate the following classroom parties:
- Halloween Party
- Christmas Party
- Valentine’s Day Party (this year children will exchange Valentines and work on a service activity focused on love)
- End-of-Year Class Picnic
Room parents also help with the following projects:
- Help the class make a card for their teacher to be presented at the Teacher Appreciation luncheon
- Organize the class project to be auctioned off at the Shamrock Auction.
Certain grades have additional room parent responsibilities. These include:
- Kindergarten room parents are responsible for planning and hosting the Pancake Breakfast at the end of the school year.
- Second grade room parents are responsible for planning and hosting the First Communion Retreat in the Spring.
- Seventh grade room parents are responsible for planning and hosting the Awards Dinner for the 8th grade in the Spring.
Room parents are given funds to handle various expenses. Details are provided by the Room Parent Coordinators and can also be found in the SPS Room Parent Responsibilities document provided to Room Parents.